Detailed Story of Adam and Eve
- Before there were any plants created, God decided He needed someone to till the ground and care for them. God took the dust from the ground, formed a man, and breathed the breath of life into him.
- The Lord made a garden in the east, Eden, and put man there to tend to it. Then the Lord caused all of the trees to come out of the ground for food. He put the Tree of Life in the middle of the garden, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
- Then God created a river to flow through the garden, it had 4 river heads.
- Pishon – flowed through Havilah. There was high quality gold in that land.
- Gihon – flowed around the whole land of Cush
- Hiddekel (Tigris) – flowed east of Assyria.
- Then God told man to guard and take care of the Garden of Eden and to eat whatever he wanted – just NOT from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil or he would die.
- God didn’t think it was good for man to be alone, so he sent him all of the beasts, creatures, and birds and told him to name them. Whatever Adam decided to call them became their name.
- Still Adam didn’t have a suitable companion, so God put him into a deep sleep, took out one of his ribs, and closed his side with flesh. God created a woman with that rib and brought her to Adam. Adam said she’ll be called woman because she was taken out of a man.
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall become united and cleave to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
- A man and woman must leave their homes, both physically and mentally, stick to one another, and work on becoming one when they are married.
- God should be at the center of that marriage at all times. When problems arise – take them to God
- So Adam and Eve lived together and were naked but neither of them were ashamed or embarrassed – they were both perfect, just as God created them.