- God blessed Noah and his sons and told them to be fruitful and multiply. He told them that they shall rule over the animals of the earth and shall eat of the land.
- He told them that they shouldn’t kill animals, just eat of the plants. He also said that if they kill a man, a man will kill him. (Genesis 9:6)
- Then God made a covenant with Noah and his sons, and their descendants. He promised never to kill everything on earth by flooding the earth again. God sent a rainbow as a promise and reminder that He would never flood the earth like that again. He said every time they see a rainbow, they should be reminded of the covenant God made with them.
- Noah then began to till the land, and planted a vineyard. He made wine, and became drunk one night. His son Ham saw his father passed out naked in his tent, so he told his brothers. Shem and Japheth took a garment and covered Noah, with their backs turned, never looking at his nakedness.
- When Noah woke up, he knew what had happened and cursed Canaan (Ham’s son). Noah said Canaan would be the servant of servants to his people.
- Noah blessed Shem, and said Canaan would be his servant. He asked God to “enlarge” Japheth, and that Canaan would be his servant also.
- Noah died at 950 years old.